Monday 1 December 2008

... picking an appartment, and then getting to know my job

Hej,

Well I have picked an apartment, and went for the one with a balcony :)
Now I just have to plan what furniture to buy in order to make it look like I want it...why is it so hard to get your imagination down on paper??

A bit of advice for anyone wanting to come to live in Helsingborg (or I guess Sweden anywhere...) have a good look around! I viewed lots of different places, all different sizes, shapes..some with furniture some without. But with this one it just felt different, I could see my self living there. So I had a good walk around the neighbourhood and checked to see what I thought of that too..and it was a combination of it all that got me. It isn't the biggest, it isn't the cheapest, but its the one that makes me want to live there.

Also this week I have been spending more time getting to know the guys in my new job, and trying to learn more about the job itself. And have had a really fun time! Been for a few beers with some people I think will become good friends, and had a really fun team night out...which is always important! Shows we work well together in and out of the office.

I actually got so into the job and the place that I was a bit sad to come home, even if it is only for a month! There are so many ideas I want to try and things I want to learn that I was kinda looking forward to just getting started with it. Oh well, gives me more time to think about it. I guess.

So at the moment I am in Southampton, helping build a new store...and its freezing! It actually feels colder then it did in Sweden when it was snowing! Crazy English weather!

So anyway...what I have learnt this week :
I am really looking forward to decorating (and I never thought I would say that!)
Southampton can be colder then Sweden
I often forget to blog..! lol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Atleast the timings right to get an apartment. And I think you chose the right one. ;)

Welcome to Helsingborg none the less! I've lived here aprox. 2 years and I'm still getting used to it. ;)

Cheers.