Friday 12 December 2008

... back in the UK...and cold!

Well first of all I will warn you...this blog will have nothing really to do with Sweden at all!
I have been back in the UK and working in Southampton for the last 2 weeks (hence not much blog action!) and its been REALLY cold! Well ok, not as cold as probably most parts of Sweden and several other places round the world...but I am English, and we aren't used to this! Plus we complain a lot...so its my turn :P
I think its been made worse because I have been working on a new store build...which is basically a construction site so there is no heating at all, and all day we are working in a cold building.
However, I have actually had a really fun couple of weeks! The team that I work with on the store builds are a really good bunch, and we generally have a very good time. I have eaten really badly though, and have put on weight even in just 2 weeks...plus it is Christmas soon so I will no doubt just be eating badly for a few weeks to come too!
So I have 1 more week of working in Southampton, and then that is me done in the UK! Wow...scary. 3 days of work to go...
Got lots of leaving do's this weekend too...Wednesday, Thursday friday and Sunday nights are all full of them...good job I have next week to sleep!

Things I have learnt this week:
Life goes very quickly
Whenever you decide to leave somewhere, you find a reason to not...

No comments: