Thursday 20 November 2008

... looking for apartments

Hej (hello from Sweden)
Its about time I started blogging from Sweden I guess, as this blog is meant to be about Sweden! So I got here on Monday, and had my first piece of 'wow-ness' on the train...I asked the guy next to me if he was from Malmo as I wanted to know if the train I was on was going to Helsingborg or stopping...and it ends up that he was actually from Helsingborg...and gave me some really good advice, and knowledge...and a business card so I can get in contact for a beer or something. Wow.

I also have been at my new work this week, getting to know the people I will be working with and getting to know as much as possible about my job. Its been really good!

Also been having a good look around Helsingborg, and liking it more and more all the time. Well, apart from the cold, the wind and the rain. Whoever it was who told me Sweden isn't very windy was lying..bigtime! But today has had some sun, so its not all bad.

Anyway...appartments. I have had a look around a few now, and have narrowed it down to 2..wierdly across the road from each other! But I am having a hard time deciding...so please please add your opinion!
First one:
1 medium/large bedroom, pretty big dining room, large lounge (TV room, den..whatever you want to call it) Kitchen is ok, not massive, and not new.
Second one:
1 small bedroom (double bed, and a wardrobe or two...thats about it!) 1 medium bedroom, kitchen is brand new and has enough space for a 6 person dining table. Lounge is a little thinner, but a little longer then the other one. Oh, and it has a balcony :)

Its hard to decide! I want the 2nd bedroom for when people stay, so they can feel like they have there own space and not just living in my lounge...and I like the balcony...but the 1st one is really nice too!
So I need opinions please...how important is it to have your own space when you go to visit someone for a few days??

Anyway...what have I learnt this week:
My job is going to be lots of fun
My job is going to be lots of hard work
Flat choosing is hard
I love Helsingborg

3 comments:

Catherine Redeyoff said...

I vote for the second apartment, I like the sound of the balcony and I reckon the second bedroom will be handy for all the visitors you'll b having.

Mark Base said...

I agree with Catherine.
Even though I live in Helsingborg, I can imagine getting a bit too tipsy to make it home, on occasion.

Ken Albin said...

Tough choice. I like the balcony so that would probably tilt my vote towards #2. I always believed in never keeping a second bed for company. That way they can stay in a motel and when I get tired of visiting them they can leave! Good luck with your new job there.