Wednesday 25 February 2009

... having a pancake party!

Hej!

Sometimes I just dont know where the days go...It really doesn't feel like 10 days since I last blogged!
My Mum and Dad have gone home, and left the flat in a very good state...all my cardboard is gone, and I have lots of good practical stuff (kitchen roll holder...plastic tubs...all the things Mums and Dads are really good at!) So thank you both very much...and I miss you!

Since they have been gone I don't feel like I have done an awful lot really! I didn't do an awful lot this weekend...was my first weekend without plans and having to do stuff, so I didn't do much at all! Caught up on some sleep, played some playstation, watched some films...just had a very nice time really!

Now I don't know if you all are aware, but yesterday was shrove Tuesday...(Semla day in Sweden, or Pancake day if you are English) Semla is like a cream bun, but with a layer or marzipan like substance under the cream too...its quite nice :)
But still not a patch on Pancakes. So I had a pancake party last night! Was really nice...had a mixture of people from my team at work as well as some friends I have made while being here through a friend I knew from the UK. Was a good time had by all me thinks :)

Tomorrow I am going for some drinks with some of the guys from work, and then Friday one of my friends who is the singer in a band is playing at one of the local pubs here in Helsingborg...so I will be attending that too!
Then Saturday I am going to Lund with my friend Kerry, not for anything particular, just to have a look round I think...but should be good.

Then Sunday my girlfriend Sarah is coming out again for a few days which will be really good as I miss her lots! It will have been 3 weeks since we saw each other...and I am coming back to the UK for the weekend on the 6th, but she has some free time from Uni and flights were really cheap so she is coming to see me, then we fly back to the UK together on Friday and I come back the following Monday...so we get 8 days together :) Yay.
I also need to apologise to her, as my main valentines day present is rather late...but I think it should make up for the lateness...I got her a Wii :)
I also got her some very nice White roses delivered on valentines day, so that should be worth quite a lot. (white and not red as I know she pefers them....see, I am very nice really!)

My Swedish is coming along really well too...I think :) I have done quite a few lessons now, and am doing my verbs, adjuctives, numbers, colours and all that jazz...so thats pretty good :) And I enjoy it lots too, so thats even better!

So what I have learned this week :
I like pancakes lots
My flat can accomodate 18 people without too much trouble
I am really enjoying my Swedish lessons!
I miss my nephew James but get to see him when I get home :)
I can't wait to see Sarah!

PS. Got a Wii...so lots of fun times ahead :) And I think I deserve a very nice present in return for my very nice present!

No comments: