Friday 6 February 2009

...finishing off the house, and getting my UK stuff

Hej!

Well this week and a bit have been really good, and quite fun!
I have had 3 visitors since my last post...but only 2 staying with me, and also all my stuff from the UK arrived, so my apartment is feeling much more like home now. I have also built all my furniture, so went to buy some more...!

Also had a few nights out with people from work, and made more friends and all that jazz...so it really is starting to feel like I live here now...in a good way.

I do have to say a massive thank you to Sarah, as while I have been at work she got sick of looking at all my UK delivery boxes (yes, I really am that lazy that I didn't unpack my boxes for 3 days) and so unpacked my stuff! Thank you :)
I did unpack my TV though as soon as the delivery men left though, and the Playstation, so i'm not that lazy!

So the spare room is completly finished now, apart from the lights, and the same for the lounge too. Oh, but I still want a coffee table and probably a rug...but I haven't decided on that yet.

Last night we had a 'grodan' night out...I don't know why the afterwork club is named 'frog' but I guess its interesting at least! We went on one of the ferrys that cross the 'sound' (the stretch of water that seperates Helsingborg on the Swedish side and Helsingor on the Danish side) it only takes about 20 minutes for the crossing, but once you are on you can stay on as long as you like :)
So we had a meal and a few drinks, and were on there for about 3 hours, and had a very nice evening.

Weren't that many people I knew that were there, but Sarah and I managed to position ourselves opposite a very nice German lady who was happy to talk English to us all night, as well as my friends Emma and Cecilia who of course know that I know very little Swedish so were also happy to talk English...thanks guys!

Oh, and on the talking Swedish front I had my first Swedish lesson this week! It is a one on one lesson, so I actually felt like i learnt alot in the 2 hours...we covered the alphabet, numbers, months, days of the week and the good old 'Jag hetter Kieron. Vo hetter du?' (ok, so the spelling might be off, but thats how you say it!) it means my name is Kieron. What are you called? We also started on the books I will be using, so I have 3 books at home that I am trying to look at...its actually really good fun! So I might keep you updated on the staus of my Swedish too :)

So what I have learned this week:
Where you stay feels much more like home once you have your own old stuff there
I actually like learning Swedish!
I think I am going to need a car....

PS. Feel better soon, and thanks for staying so long :)

No comments: