Friday 3 April 2009

...having a lovely time in the UK, and enjoying the Helsingborg sunshine!

Hej!

Well I would just like to say that I am sat in my apartment, typing on my new laptop (!), sat on my IKEA chair on my balcony. Yes, it really is that nice today!
According to Google it is 19 degrees in Helsingborg today, and I think I believe them...I had to take my coat off on the way home from work and everything! (not everything as in I took everything off though...don't worry!)

So anyway, this week...

Well Friday I was up rather early ... 4am to be exact, as I needed to get the 5am ferry from Helsingborg in order to get the train down to Copenhagen. As usual, I missed my ferry, but as they go every 20/30 minutes I didn't really have to wait that long.
Once at the airport it went really smoothly, Copenhagen Airport is one of the best I have been to...and I have been to a lot!
However...this week I encountered my first Scandinavian Airlines non-smooth flight...both to and from Manchester my flights were delayed by 2 hours! Not fun at all. To be fair, this is the first time in many flights that I have had a problem though.

So when I got to Manchester I was met by Sarah, which was really nice (thanks) and we went back to my Mum and Dads house, and then went for lunch with my Mummy :)
Friday night I had a very nice meal in Manchester with Sarah, my Mum and Dad, my younger sister Tova and Gregg and Julie (my brother and sister-in-law) That was really good to see them all, I hadn't managed to see Gregg and Julie last time I was back, so it had been 3 months!
After the meal I had a 2 hour drive back to near Sheffield where Sarah lives, as we wanted to be there for her Mums birthday on the Saturday. So Friday was a VERY long day, but was a very fun one too.

Saturday Sarah and I went shopping for some stuff for her Mum, and to look at a laptop for me...and Sarah spied a very nice one that was on offer (I am a sucker for offers) The only problem is it is on Vista...which is not my favourite windows...but I guess I will have to learn to live with it...and the laptop is high enough spec to cope with it.
Then Saturday night we had Sarah’s Mums party, which was about 100 people in the country pub across the road from their house. That was quite scary, as I hadn't met most of the people there before, and it was the first time I was meeting most of Sarah’s family as her boyfriend, but I think I impressed quite well, and made a good impression...

Sunday we had a nice and relaxing day, and had a lovely full English Roast...something that I had really missed while being in Sweden!

Monday and Tuesday we didn't do masses of things, but had a really nice couple of days just being together and enjoying each other’s company, and catching up on not seeing each other for nearly 3 weeks.

So Tuesday night I came home (yes...Sweden is now home I guess) but didn't actually get back to my apartment until after 2am, so was rather tired for work the next day too!

Yesterday I had a very nice phone call from one of my UK friend, who had ended up coming over to Helsingborg at the last minute, so we went for dinner and a couple of beers and a catch up. He has now got a job which will involve him being here quite often, so that’s really good for me!

The weather has been fantastic the last few days, really sunny and warm...compared to the very low numbers for the last few weeks!

I don't really have a lot to update of comment about Sweden this week...not really been here all that much! So sorry...but I am sure I will have something interesting to say by the end of the weekend as I am going on my first Swedish Clubbing experience tomorrow, and then have a ferry trip with a few friends on Sunday :)

So what have I learnt this week:
Even the best airlines have problems sometimes
It is really really good to see friends and family, always make time!
Sweden is amazing in the sun and warm, Helsingborg really comes alive

PS. It is really important to thank the people that take time out to make you happy, and do things for you. You should always try your best to make them happy, and do whatever you can to show them how much you care. Thank you!

No comments: